Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is That A Hijab on Your Head? ... Or Is It A Camel Hump?


CAMEL HUMP HIJAB: STYLE?... or Haram?

Camel Hump Hijab Style?
I found this video about Rabia Z. –an Islamic clothing designer based in Dubai– the other day, and when I watched it, the infamous “camel hump” hadith came to mind. To be honest, that hadith always comes to my mind when I see pictures of Muslim women with these huge humps -for lack of a better word- under their hijabs. Check out the video below…
The hadith in question: Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: There will be in the last of my ummah, scantily dressed women, the hair on the top of their heads like a camel’s hump. Curse them, for verily they are cursed. [At-Tabarani and Sahih Muslim]
Now, I know that there are probably different interpretations or viewpoints on this hadith, but another issue comes to my mind as well, and that is the issue of deceit. Many of us know that Muslim women should not wear wigs because that is a form of deceit – leading people to believe that you have hair that you really don’t have. Is wearing all of this “volume” under your hijab doing the same thing? Is it leading people to believe that you have more hair than you really do?
Personally, I am a “to each her own” type of person. I feel that we should be judged by our intentions and since God is the only One who knows our intentions, He should be the only One who judges us.
That being said: What are your thoughts on this hijab style and the trend of wearing things under your hijab to make it look really big? Do you even like the way this looks or do you think it looks strange?
or Haram?

YouTube:
Uploaded by ummIbraahim1 on Feb 9, 2011
Salam, Salim Al Amry Video is from Al-Mu'minaat project UK,london
This is very important in our society in the UK at the moment
hope this is beneficial for you. please subscribe to my channel and rate/comment - foward to your friends!
I do not keep any copyright infrigment

No comments:

Post a Comment