Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm Sorry ... So Sorry!

NYC man sentenced to 27 years in failed attempt to join al-Qaida to avenge Muslim abuse


“I wish I had not gone down that path,” Betim Kaziu told U.S. District Judge John Gleason before hearing the sentence in federal court in Brooklyn. “I completely regret what I did in that phase of my life.”  ...
 
But Gleason said it was first time he’d hear the defendant express remorse — and that it wasn’t convincing.
“You grew up in Brooklyn and you decided to murder your own country’s soldiers,” Gleason said. “There’s still an element of defiance in you. ... You’re still way too proud of becoming a jihadist.”

(U.S. Attorney Office, Brooklyn, Handout/Associated Press) -  This handout photo from the U.S. Attorney Office, Brooklyn. N.Y., Friday, March 2, 2012, shows Betim Kaziu who is found guilty of conspiracy to provide material support to a terrorist organization. Prosecutors are seeking a life sentence for the Brooklyn-born man convicted last year of traveling to the Middle East to avenge abuse of Muslims.

Read More Here. ... Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment